Tuesday, October 11, 2011

birthdays.

birthdays are not my thing.

never have been. i am not sure why, i believe it is because you get so much attention on that one day. it makes you think or have these expectations like: I must have a good day. maybe im just weird.

i just dont like attention.

but today, of course, you receive attention from all sides because it is the day of your birth. i guess in some aspects it is a day worth celebrating.

a teacher's birthday inside of a school can be compared to that of a celebrity in the real world. i feel that so many students look up to teachers as someone they care and strive to be like; therefore, their birthday is of importance to them.

today i had quite  a few sweet memories i would like to share:

two wonderful girls brought me a card this morning.
"ms. brandon we want you to have a wonderful day. we love you."

two of my classes sang happy birthday to me.

in one of the classes, the song was lead by the biggest trouble maker in the class. he was so excited to sing happy birthday to me. he was the loudest one of all. that touched my heart.

in the other class, one of the soulful african american males had to give me his solo of happy birthday. he sang quite well i must say; then, the entire class resang the song for me.

another student declared she was going to bring me a flower for my birthday. and that she did. a hand picked flower that was almost dead. so sweet that she remembered :)

and finally two more students bought me a pack of m&ms! thank God for chocolate :)


as many "bad" days i may have, or moments when i feel like i am not doing things right, i can look at this and remember why i am teaching.

i do love those students.

No comments:

Post a Comment