Saturday, May 19, 2012

Graduates..

Yesterday I attended my first ever high school graduation in which I taught the students who were graduating.

It felt like such a proud moment for me because I felt that in some small way they were standing up there because of the efforts from me and all the other teachers alike.

Now, dont get me wrong. I know graduation is -not- about me! Definitely about the students!! But, reflecting on my first year of teaching, this is a proud moment for me.

It makes me see that all the work that you do does pay off in the long run. and students DO appreciate it.

My eyes swelled up with tears watching some of those who had graced my class with their presence. Precious students. Great students.

They will accomplish great things; I am sure!!


On a random side note, I wonder if this is what it feels like to be a parent?

On another note, next years graduation, I will probably have taught all the students! Oh my, I foresee crying already :)

No comments:

Post a Comment